Anger Management Counselling
Anger is a natural, healthy emotion when expressed appropriately. Anger management involves helping you recognize signs that you’re becoming angry and take action to calm yourself and deal with the situation in a helpful way. It also involves exploring the roots of your anger and gaining the insight needed to make positive life changes. Some signs that you may need help controlling your anger include:
- Frequent feelings of irritation, impatience, and/or hostility
- Regularly feeling that you have to hold in your anger
- Out-of-control or frightening behavior, such as breaking things or driving recklessly
- Frequent arguments with others that escalate frustrations
- Persistent negative thinking
Anger management counselling can help you learn to communicate your needs, prevent psychological and social problems linked to anger, maintain better health, and avoid harmful behavior.